2018 Food Justice Youth Summit
The Food Justice Youth Summit is an all-day event in which DC youth lead workshops focusing on issues of food justice. This event provides youth with the opportunity to share their research, ideas, and recommendations on food justice issues as they work with other youth and food justice activists to build a citywide movement for sustainable food systems. (Learn about previous years)
This year, the fourth annual Food Justice Youth Summit will take place on March 22, 2018 (11am-3pm) at the University of the District of Columbia.
Here are ways you can participate:
- Bring your students to be audience members during the youth-led workshops focusing on food justice issues.
- If your students are researching a food justice issue for their science fair project, encourage them to lead a workshop during the summit.
- Does your school have an extracurricular club related to food justice? Encourage them to engage in a project that ends in presenting at the summit.
- If your students are researching a food justice issue for their National History Day (NHD) project, encourage them to lead a workshop during the summit.
- Are you planning an extension activity? Plan a research project around a food justice issue and encourage your students to lead a workshop during the summit.
Important Note: If your students do not feel comfortable or prepared to lead a workshop they can display their work at a vendor booth.
Registration is now open! Sign up today.