D.C. Area Educators for Social Justice is a network of educators who seek to strengthen and deepen social justice teaching. The mission statement is:
We are a community of mutual support for educators to collaborate on curriculum, professional learning, and activism. We challenge systems of oppression through anti-bias, anti-racist, and multicultural education. We work with students, families, and other educators in and outside of our classrooms to create a more just and equitable world.
- hosts working groups, public forums, workshops, and courses
- documents and shares stories from the classrooms of social justice educators
- plays a lead role in the annual D.C. Area Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action
- publicizes events of interest to social justice educators
- coordinates speaker visits to classrooms
- and more.