Race, Rights, and Responsibility: NY Education Conference
Teaching for Change is pleased co-sponsors Race, Rights, and Responsibility: What Educators Can Do to Help Their Students Think Critically About Protest, Law Enforcement, and Civil Liberty on May 16, 2015 at the NYU Global Center.
The conference is coordinated by Metropolitan Center for Research on Equity and the Transformation of Schools (Metro Center), under the leadership of Professor David Kirkland. As explained on the Metro Center website,
The conference is designed to create a collective of educators/educational resources for exploring the issues of race and policing with students.
The featured speakers include:
- Ernest Morrell, Executive Director of IUME at Columbia University
- Dream Hampton, award winning filmmaker
- Pedro Noguera, Executive Director of Metro Center
- Stanley Nelson, documentary filmmaker and producer, and
- David Kirkland, Deputy Director at Metro Center.
Teaching for Change staff member Julian Hipkins III will be one of the conference presenters.
Registration for the conference is free. Learn more and register here.